Eligibility for Obtaining Ordinary Membership
- An applicant shall be eligible to become ordinary member of the society if he/she fulfills following condition
- He/She has applied in writing in the form laid down by the society.
- He/She has given declaration that he is not a member of any other similar type of co-operative society
- He/She genuinely need the services provided by the society.
- He/She resides within the area of operation.
- His/Her interest does not conflict with the interest of the society.
- He/She has attained the age of 18 years.
- He/She has paid admission fee and purchased minimum one share and paid the value thereof in full.
- He/She has fulfilled all other conditions laid down in the Act, the rules and the bye-laws.
- His/Her application is approved by the board of the society.
- The Following can be admitted as ordinary members of Society
- An adult individual competent to contract under section 11 of Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- Any Multi-state-co-operative society or any co-operative society; (except similar type of co-operative society)
- The Central Government.
- A State Government.
- The National Co-operative Development Corporation established under National Co-operative Development Corporation Act, 1962.
- Any other corporation owned or controlled by the Government.
- Any Government Company as defined in section 617 of the Companies Act, 1956.
- Such class or classes of person or association of persons as may be permitted by the Central Registrar having regards to the nature and activities of society
- No person shall be eligible for admission as a member of the society if
- He/She has been adjudged by a competent court to be a insolvent or a undercharged insolvent.
- He/She has been sentenced for any offence, other than offence of a political character or an offence not involving moral turpitude and dishonesty and a period of five years has not elapsed from the date of expiry of the sentence.
Membership & Admission Fees
The society shall have the following membership & their Admission fees
- Ordinary Members : INR 11000/- only
- Nominal or Associate Members : INR 5000/- only
Eligibility for Obtaining Nominal Membership
The society may, in the interest of promotion of the business, admit a person as nominal member or associate member on payment of fee of Rupees 5000/- only provided that such member will neither be entitled to subscribe to the share capital of the society nor allowed to have any interest in the management of the society including right to vote, contest election as director of the board or participate in the meeting of board or general body of the society.
The applications for ordinary membership of the society found complete in all respects shall be disposed of within the period of four months from the date of receipt of the application by the society. The same shall be communicated to the applicant within fifteen days of the decision by Registered Post.
The admission fee / membership fee shall not be refundable in any case.
Procedure for withdrawal or resignation from membership
- Any member of the society may withdraw or resign from membership of the society only after one year by giving at least three months notice and duly approved by the Board of the society.
- A member who withdraws or resigns from the membership of the society shall not be eligible for re-admission as a member of the society, for a period of one year from the date of his withdrawal or resignation form membership.
Procedure for expulsion from membership:
- The society may, by resolution passed by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting at a general meeting of members held for the purpose, expel a member for acts which are detrimental to the proper working of the society. Provided the member concerned shall not be expelled unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of making representation in the matter.
- No member of the society who has been expelled under sub-section (i) shall be eligible for re-admission as a member of the society, for a period of one year from the date of such expulsion.
Disqualifications for Member of the Society
No person shall be eligible for being or continuing as a member of the society if:
- His business is in conflict or competitive with the business of the society; or
- He used for two consecutive years the services below the minimum level of Rs. 12,000/- annually with respect to maintenance, repair or up keeping of the society; or
- He has not attended three consecutive general meeting of the society and such absence has not been condoned by simple majority of the members in the general meeting; or
- He has made any default in payment of any amount to be paid to the society under the bye laws of the society.
Notice to defaulters before disqualifying them
The defaulters may be given reasonable opportunity of making representation in the matter before disqualifying them from membership of the society by serving them notice before 15 days that why their membership may not be terminated.
Cessation of Membership
The membership of the society may cease in case of:
- Resignation or death of the member.
- Cancellation of registration of the society.
- All the shares are transferred to other members.
- Expelled by the general body.
- Incurring any of the disqualifications of membership